Noam Rabinovich was born in 1950 in Kibbutz Dafna and graduated from the Tel Hai Academic College in 1980.
Rabinovich began his artistic career using iron and stone, with fission and soldering techniques. Later he dealt with agro-art.
One could say that Rabinovich’s work focuses on process and development. For instance, he was occupied for a long time with the development of a garden in one of the side channels at his Kibbutz, Beit Hashita.
All his works are based on his knowledge and research into indigenous vegetation of Israel, on extensive historic-cultural appreciation and his personal and emotional connection with agricultural processes, which he turns into symbolic actions.
These actions transform into searches for hidden, fertile soil and routes of energy in nature. The sculpture in the park also faithfully reflects his overall artistic approach.
Rabinowich has displayed solo exhibitions and participated in numerous group exhibitions across the country. He teaches at Emek Hayarden College and at the Haifa Museum of Art.
He has won the Schiff Award (1982) and the Science, Culture and Sport’s Minister’s Prize for Visual Art (2007).
Noam Rabinovich filled the space between the four poles of an electricity pylon, right on the edge of the cliff, with a collection of small stones that form a kind of pyramid structure.
This work is associated with several other power poles across the country, which Rabinovich treated the same, by placing collections of stones at their base.
The stones that ‘fill’ the pole turn the mechanical industrial element of this huge metal, even threatening, structure, into something connected to the ground, bringing it metaphorically ‘down to earth’.